60km Coast Ride
The 60km Coast Ride is for those looking for a challenge. This route starts in beautiful Bicentennial Park at Sydney Olympic Park and heads south along the Cooks River cycleway. Showcasing some of the best of Sydney’s cycling infrastructure, the route makes its way south to the iconic beaches of Cronulla. Your adventure continues out from Cronulla along dedicated cycle lanes to picturesque Kurnell. Enjoy a bit of Australian history, some breathtaking coastline of Sydney’s south and a festival finish at Cronulla.
- Date: Sunday 11 March 2018
- Distance: 60km
- Typical Rider Speeds: 15-30 km/hr
- Start Time: 7:00am – 7:20am
- Start Location: Bicentennial Park (Egret Pavilion), Sydney Olympic Park
- Finish Location: Don Lucas Reserve, Cronulla
- Age Limit: 12yrs and older, under 16 children MUST ride with paying adult.
If you have not passed these points within the specified time, you will not be able to complete the ride under event conditions.
- 7:20am – Bicentennial Park, Sydney Olympic Park (Victoria Ave entrance) – Start Site
- 9:30am – Ford Park, South Strathfield – Rest Stop
- 10.45am – Cahill Park, Wolli Creek – Rest Stop
- 12:00pm – Peter Depena Reserve, Sandringham – Rest Stop
- 12:30pm – Bonna Point Reserve, Prince Charles Parade, Kurnell
- 1:30pm – Don Lucas Reserve, Sanderson Street, Cronulla – Finish Site
- Bicenntenial Park, Start Site, Victoria Avenue, Concord West
Parking is limited and we recommend you leave your car at home. However if you plan to drive and leave your car at the start site, there is on street parking on Victoria Avenue, Concord West