40km Classic Ride
This is a comfortable, leisurely ride ideal for all ages and abilities, the novice and experienced rider. Your adventure starts in beautiful Bicentennial Park at Sydney Olympic Park and heads south along the Cooks River cycleway. Showcasing some of the best of Sydney’s cycling infrastructure, the route makes its way south to the beautiful beaches and a festival finish at Cronulla.
- Distance: 40km
- Typical Rider Speeds: 10-25km per hour
- Start Time: 7:30am – 8:00am
- Start Location: Bicentennial Park, Sydney Olympic Park
- Finish Location: Cronulla
- Age Limit: 10yrs and older, under 16 children MUST ride with paying adult.
If you have not passed these points within the specified time, you will not be able to complete the ride under event conditions.
- 8:00am – Bicentennial Park, Sydney Olympic Park (Victoria Ave entrance) (Start Site)
- 9:00am – Ford Park, South Strathfield – Rest Stop.
- 10.15am – Cahill Park, Wolli Creek – Rest Stop.
- 11:15am – Peter Depena Reserve, Sandringham – Rest Stop.
- 12:15pm – Don Lucas Reserve, Sanderson Street, Cronulla – Finish Site.
These times are subject to change