20km Beach Ride
The aim of the 20km Beach ride is to encourage novice riders to dust off their bike and take to the cycleways and/or mums and kids to have a fantastic day out discover the joys of riding. We aim to promote bike riding as a healthy, safe, enjoyable leisure and transport choice and we want all our participants to regularly use the cycling infrastructure that we show them. The route leads riders along a the flat idyllic separated cycle path, an easy ride suitable for all ages and skill levels. The 20km Beach Ride begins at Cahill Park, Wolli Creek and follows the cycleway out onto the beach front at Kyeemagh. Riders will experience a beautiful beach ride along a shared pedestrian/cycleway path all the way to Sans Souci. From there riders will go over the Taren Point Bridge and traversing over to a festival finish at Cronulla.
- Date: Sunday 11 March 2018
- Distance: 20km
- Typical Rider Speeds: 10-25 km/hr
- Start Time: Riders are released in waves between 8:00am and 9:30am
- Start Location: Cahill Park (East), Wolli Creek
- Finish Location: Don Lucas Reserve, Cronulla
- Age Limit: 8yrs and older, under 16 children MUST ride with paying adult.
If you have not passed these points within the specified time, you will not be able to complete the ride under event conditions.
- 9:30 am – Cahill Park, Wolli Creek (Start Site)
- 12:00 pm – Peter Depena Reserve, Sandringham – Rest Stop
- 1:30 pm – Don Lucas Reserve, Sanderson Street, Cronulla – Finish Site
Please note that these times are subject to change.
New Start Site for the 20KM
Our start site has moved to the other end of Cahill Park (see map on the right). It is beside the Rowers on Cooks River, riders will need to cycle past old site and head towards the Rowers to the 20km Start Site
- Wolli Creek, Start Site
Parking is limited and we recommend you leave your car at home. However if you plan to drive and leave your car at the start site, there is on street parking on Arncliffe Street near Wolli Creek Station or Levy Street near Rowers on Cook River