Gear Up Girl Volunteer Program 2018
Event & Sports Projects Australia have teamed up with Bicycle NSW to coordinate and deliver together with the dedicated Gear Up Girl Volunteers the event for 2018!
We are excited to be working with some familiar faces and look forward to meeting you all!
Register now to become a part of the Gear Up Girl Volunteer Program.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Volunteer Management Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0406 352 099.
We look forward to working with you.
Angela Vanderlouw, Emily Chandler & Asha Sweeting
VOLUNTEER LOCATIONS, ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Volunteers are invaluable to the success of the Gear Up Girl event and we would be grateful to have you be a part of the action. We would like to invite you to join the Gear Up Girl Volunteer team on Sunday 11 March to help the cyclists along the ride.
As a Gear Up Girl Volunteer you will be working with event staff, charities, community and sporting groups and other individual volunteers. There are numerous locations and a wide range of roles available on Sunday 11 March 2018.
We would like our volunteers to have;
- A friendly & polite attitude
- Respectable personal presentation & hygiene
- Be mature, honest & reliable
- Willingness to work within a team environment and take direction from other volunteers, team leaders and supervisors
- Big smiles and an enjoyable experience!
To become a Gear Up Girl Volunteer click here to register.
You will be able to choose your preferred location from the list below;
- Start Location 1 – Cahill Park (west), Wolli Creek (20km)
- Start Location 2 – Bicentennial Park, Sydney Olympic Park (40km, 60km, 80km)
- Finish Location – Don Lucas Reserve (Sanderson St & Mitchell Rd), Cronulla (All Rides)
- Rest Stops
- Ford Park, South Strathfield (40km, 60km, 80km)
- Cahill Park, Wolli Creek (40km, 60km, 80km) NB/ 20km start location
- Peter Depena Reserve, Sandringham (20km, 40km, 60km, 80km)
- Bonna Point Reserve, Kurnell (60km, 80km)
Course Route Marshals:
- Sector A – Meeting Point: North Strathfield Station
- Sector B – Meeting Point: Strathfield Station
- Sector C – Meeting Point: Caterbury Train Station
- Sector D – Meeting Point: Tempe Train Station
- Sector E – Meeting Point: Arncliff Train Station
- Sector F – Meeting Point: Rockdale Train Station
- Sector G – Meeting Point: Caringbah Train Station
- Sectors H, I, J – Meeting Point: Woolooware Train Station
- Sydney Olympic Park to Cronulla (40km)
- Sydney Olympic Park to Cronulla (60km)
- Sydney Olympic Park to Cronulla (80km)
- Cahill Park to Cronulla (20km)
Other Roles – Sydney Olympic Park to Cronulla
- Ride Crew (must bring own tools, bike & helmet. You will be provided with tubes & patch kits)
- Train Station Marshals (must bring own bike & helmet)
- Mobile Equipment & Logistics Crew (Driver & Navigator)
- Sweep Bus Crew (Driver & Navigator)
For further information about volunteering for Gear Up Girl, please click on the links below;
- Site Location Roles & Responsibilities
- Course Route Marshal Roles & Responsibilities
- Ride Crew Responsibilities
- Other Roles – Responsibilities